PDA

View Full Version : Tunze COM skimmers questions:Airline hose, foam piece, water outlet

ser_renely
04/04/2009, 07:46 AM
I Just set up my Tunze 9010 skimmer(already skimming :) )and wanted/hoping I could add an airline tube to get air from outside. Does anyone have any idea how I would do this, or if it is possible? I would think it is but not sure the best way to do it.

The foam piece that is on the elbow of the water exit: does that need to be there for anything? I just don't want any more nitrate farms in my tank and am hoping I can take it out.

Also, there is a little hole in the top back of the body where water pours out, it is not mentioned in the instructions was curious as to what it is for?

Thanks,
Ser

ChuckLawson
04/04/2009, 08:21 AM
I recall in the manual there were instructions for hooking up ozone -- I'd think you could feed in your outside air by hooking up your airline to the same point.

The foam piece mostly seems to keep the outlet water from splashing back down into the sump and creating bubbles; how necessary this is probably depends on how much high above your waterline the outlet tube is. If that's not a problem, I don't know why you couldn't remove it.

The hole in the back is supposed to be that way, according to posts I read in the Tunze forum; the support folks say not to block it.

ser_renely
04/04/2009, 08:36 AM
thanks for the info. :)

looking at the ozone hookup, I am not sure that would provide much fresh air, it looks if I could take the air intake hose (if that is what it is?) that connects to the air intake screw and extend that outside while rigging up an air intake control screw from my maxi-jet???

ser_renely
04/04/2009, 09:09 AM
Ohhh, also is that water hole putting out uncleaned water or cleaned(skimmed) water?

ser_renely
04/04/2009, 05:32 PM
also does anyone have any tips on getting good skimmate on it?