PDA

View Full Version : Basement ventilation

lowman31
04/04/2009, 08:40 AM
I am planning on setting up a 240 rimless in my basement. I plan on finishing my basement with the tank as the main determiner of how I do things. I was wondering what, if any, problems have you had with heat and moisture in you basements. I plan on running a fixture with 4 400watt MH and I know thats going to be a lot of heat. What problems have you had and how did you fix them or what do you wish you had to have your basement more equipped? Thanks.

Skunkbudfour20
04/04/2009, 04:48 PM
I have my 155 bow, about 220 gal total volume in our basement... I use a Fantech 6" exhaust fan on the ceiling, and a fresh air intake that uses flexi dryer duct to sit near the floor, (its an in-wall tank). With your lighting config you may want to double that, but i have no problems with moisture on windows, or fish tank smells... As long as you are keeping air circulating you will be fine! (as long as the outside air isnt hot and humid) You could even have one fan running full bore, and the other fan on a thermostat if you wanted to save energy. Or if theres a window in the room you could use AC in the summer, and cold air in the winter... Depends on the outside enviornment

lowman31
04/04/2009, 08:15 PM
Skunkbudfour20, is your exhaust fan vented to the outside?