PDA

View Full Version : Want to Visit a LFS In Palm Beach Area

Aquaticadvisor
04/04/2009, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on a great lfs in or near Palm Beach(within an hours drive) ? I am on vacation and would love to visit one.

Thanks

DaytonaJoe
04/04/2009, 12:50 PM
Hey, I'm not sure about Palm beach but there are a couple good ones in Daytona. Amazing Aquariums, on Nova, is excellent. The staff is very knowledgeable and really fun to deal with. Their livestock, particularly their aquacultured coral, is great. They don't have a good selection of dry goods though.

Poseidon Aquarium has a great selection of everything, but the employees... well, lets just say I don't care for them. They will try to sell you anything. Go there if you want a bigger fancier store with more dry goods, but don't ask them for any help.

Aquaticadvisor
04/04/2009, 02:07 PM
Thank you very much....I am going to try getting to bolth of them....

DaytonaJoe
04/04/2009, 02:10 PM
Hey, I knew Palm Coast rang a bell for a reason. I know an amazing couple who sell coral out of their tank at home. Great deals, if you have the ability to get corals back to your tank. They might ship for you. I'll PM you their information. They would also be glad to guide you to other local fish shops.

jjvanb
04/04/2009, 03:26 PM
A member of the Palm Beach Marine Aquarium Society keeps a list linked from their website...

http://bocareefs.com/LFS.aspx

My favorite places to visit are:

Tanks A Lot in Lake Worth
Coral Sea Aquariums in West Palm Beach
Oceans Below in North Palm Beach
Unda The Sea in North Palm Beach
Barrier Reef in Boca Raton

Daytona Beach is more than an hours drive from Palm Beach, If I was going to make a journey to see aquarium stores, it would be south towards Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, where the list of places to visit would be longer...

Enjoy your visit to sunny Florida!!