PDA

View Full Version : MP40W problem with separation

Beaviscat
04/04/2009, 05:42 PM
I have sent an email via the website concerning a problem I am having with two MP40W units. Both keep separating often. The spacer are correctly set on both. They both worked for about a month together and now have started to separate. I have a 6' tank and one on each end. I have one set up for master and the other as a slave. I have it set for short pulse on a very low setting and randomly one or the other will separate. I turn off the unit and put back together, then power on. I can feel the base of the waterside unit wanting to spin and it takes off to the bottom. I have managed to get the both to stay on with a steady slow flow. One unit is about 2.5 months old and the other is about a month old. Please help me resolve this issue as soon a possible. Thanks

EcoTech Marine
04/07/2009, 04:10 PM
Bryan,

Since you sent an email I will allow Steve to wrap this up through email.

War67
04/16/2009, 09:49 AM
I'm having same problem. These boards are to help everybody. It would save time and resources if you were transparent and suggested a solution here.

EcoTech Marine
04/16/2009, 10:59 AM
The solution will depend upon the specifics of this problem. Our pumps are somewhat complicated devices as a result of having a dry side and a wet side and the reason for this particular issue can vary.

We have extensive documentation written about de-coupling on our website:

http://ecotechmarine.com/faq/uncoupling-dry-wet-side/

Our method of rectifying this problem is to communicate directly with the customer via email or phone in order to find out exactly why the unit is de-coupling and then proceed from there with advice, part replacement, or having the unit sent in to us.

Beaviscat
04/18/2009, 08:21 AM
Tim,

When can I expect to receive my replacement wetside? I had sent an email to Steve requesting status and he replied that it was on the way. That was several days ago. Can you let me know when I may be expecting it, as I explained in the very first email on 4/5 that this was a pretty critical problem due to way I have things set up.

Thanks,

EcoTech Marine
04/20/2009, 08:41 AM
Bryan,

I do not cover shipping, you will have to ask Steve for the specific details of which method it shipped and what the ETA will be.