PDA

View Full Version : Ich vs. Lymphocytosis on Copper Band Butterfly

Aquadam
04/07/2009, 09:23 AM
I have seen fish with ich, and I have seen fish with lymphocytes. After reading about the description of these two fish diseases, it seems possible to confuse these diseases when the affected area is on the gill...does anyone agree with this?

I have a copper band butterfly in QT that seems to have came down with lymphocytosis. If it wasn't for the copper level being at 0.5 (using cupramine and a Seachem copper test), I would almost mistake it for ich.

Now it is my understanding that there is no treatment or cure for lymphocytosis due to it being a viral infection. I have also read that it is not contagious other than between related species. I am wondering if I should keep the b-fly in QT until the lymphocytes are gone or if I can put it in my DT. My DT has no fish in it right now, but if the b-fly heals up before other fish are added to the DT, will new additions be susceptible to the virus?

Aquadam
04/07/2009, 09:25 AM
Correction: In the first part, I mean the affected area is on the fins, not the gills...sorry about that.