PDA

View Full Version : Curly Q anemone removal

basssnake
04/07/2009, 07:44 PM
I put 4 curly q anemones in my reef tank about a couple months ago. Was this a mistake...........?

I am thinking about removing them(so i can put corals where they are at, they are all pretty much attached to the same rock, but the rock isn't easy to get out of the tank).

How should i go about removing them without killing them? Any suggestions or any way of killing them if needed?

Please post asap, thanks for any help.

basssnake
04/07/2009, 08:35 PM
anyone have any input?

basssnake
04/07/2009, 11:30 PM
I got the rock out that had three of the four curly q anemones out of the tank. They wouldn't detach from the rock, so I think they are not going to make it. I tried to pry them off the rock, but i think i injured there bases. I hated for that to happen.

Now, I have one left that i for sure can't remove the rock he is on. Any advice of how to get rid of it? I want to put corals in the area the others were and I don't want this last one to move somewhere to where i can't get to it. I guess I should have never bought them(i thought they wouldn't get very big).

Any advice??

ken.kinsey
04/08/2009, 05:07 AM
Try using an ice cube in a baggie, weighted down. I use this to get bubbletips and ritterii's off rocks. Once they start moving, they are much easier to remove.

basssnake
04/08/2009, 10:50 AM
anyone else?