PDA

View Full Version : Flow/Seio Prop Pump Questions

Stuart60611
04/07/2009, 07:45 PM
Hi I have some general flow questions and some particular questions about the Sei Prop 1500 powerheads that I just finished installing. My system is a 125 standard (6 foot) with dual internal overflows, a sump, and Mag18 return which is cut into two lines and four outlets (2 each line) which feed the display.

I just added two Seio Prop 1500 (1500 gph) powerheads, and boy do these put out a lot of flow. I am afraid that I may have screwed up and added way too much flow. My sandbed is fine and not blowing around and my overflows seem to be handeling the additional flow fine, but my fish (see signature) are definitely blowing around. Will they adjust to this flow or did I add too much flow?

Also, the instructions with these suck and do not explain certain important things related to the powerhead's operation. There is a blue knob on the back of each powerhead called a variable intake venturi which loosens and tightens. It appears that when I loosen the knob the flow becomes wider and less violent, but I am not sure if I am understanding how this knob works. Any idea how I should adjust these knobs and what they do? Finally, there is a tube called an air tube & silencer, however, the instructions give no direction as to how it should be connected to the powerhead. My instincts tell that it somehow is supposed to attach to this blue knob, but I am unsure. Can anyone explain how this option works and should be installed, if at all?

Stuart60611
04/08/2009, 09:55 AM
Anyone?

impur
04/08/2009, 04:05 PM
The airline goes into the blue knob, then the pump will pull air and blast it out mixing it with the water. Not something you will want or use.

I think your fish will be fine, i was running 2-820s in a 29gal tank with a couple clowns, a mandarin, royal gramma and six line with no troubles.

Alaskan Reefer
04/08/2009, 11:38 PM
Your fish will be more than fine -- once they get used to it they will be happier. I have about 7000 gph running through the same tank and even the clownfish swims like a pro.