PDA

View Full Version : Perching clown goby

jencheung
04/08/2009, 02:19 PM
I have a small yellow clown goby that has taken to perching on my acans. I only have 3 small frags (largest is 2 heads) of acans in the whole tank and they're down on the sand bed but for whatever reason the clown goby has taken to them. Needless to say they aren't as extended as they were before this started happening, though I'm making sure that they're still eating when I target feed them. Will this behavior hurt them in the long run? Is there a way to discourage the clown goby from doing this?

Along the same lines, my pair of clowns recently started hosting my sun coral, keeping the polyps from extending a lot of the time. I know that they're not photosynthetic so that's not going to be an issue, but is there any other damage that can be caused by their behavior? The sun coral is also still eating when I target feed so it's not effecting that but is there anything else I should be worried about? Thanks!

BeginnerReefer
04/08/2009, 02:25 PM
I don't knwo much about corals and such, but I have heard about Clown's beating corals or anem's to death. Maybe?

Chibils
04/08/2009, 09:13 PM
Not really. Clown gobies in a reef, imo, is a bad idea. They perch everywhere and eat sps polyps.

Also, if you find a solution, please let me know. My clowns are hosting my elegance (with a lonely bta on the other side) and she only inflates to about 8x8 instead of 10x10.