PDA

View Full Version : Problems with toad stool and green star polyps

Kacey
04/09/2009, 06:54 PM
My tank has been up and running know for 3 years. I recently got some green star polyps, brought then home and they were open for a few weeks. After installing a rock wall in the tank the green stars haven't opened up now for several weeks. I have a few polyps open upped here and there, but that's it. I checked my water prams twice weekly and do a 10 gal water change every week and everything is normal. I have a 250w mh and 4 x t5's. The halide kicks on for 4 hours a day. I have tried moving them high and low, also changed the flow and have used a turkey baster and a soft tooth brush to brush them off, but no luck. I am also having problems with my toad stool not opening anymore.

My other corals, sps, button polyps, zoos, frog spawn and mushrooms are always open and haven't been effected.

ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Kassun

gh0st
04/10/2009, 08:42 AM
The new rock wall may have thrown off the water flow they were used to.

Repositioning for better water flow, or just giving them time to adjust may help.

Also, what kind of rock did you use? Could something have contaminated it? Uncured Live Rock causing an Ammonia spike, etc?