PDA

View Full Version : running 2 tanks with an AC III

tangreefkeeper
04/09/2009, 11:44 PM
ok hers my problem... i have a 220 in my living room thats controlled by an AC JR, and i now have a frag system setup in my garage about 50 feet away... im looking about upgrading to an AC III so that i can monitor both from one controller instead of buying another AC JR for outside.... this is going to be my deciding factor about upgrading to an AC III, can i monitor 2 tanks with the AC III WITHOUT , KEY WORD HERE SINCE I CONFUSED EVERYONE IN MY FORUM, running cables from one tank to the other................

so basically have the AC III hooked to my 220 in the house and check the frag system from the same controller without having to run a cable from the unit outside...

if not guess ill just buy another AC JR

thanks

dont really chedck here too often so if you can send a pm that would be great

thanks again

mattvisocky2003
04/10/2009, 10:35 AM
How would you get parameters from the outside tank? You will still need the pH and temp probes. You could do the power on/off with X-10 modules I suppose...

kenargo
04/10/2009, 06:26 PM
You can do it using a PX1000 (to add additional probes for the second tank) but 50 feet is beyond documented cable lengths. I've hear of people running the PX1000 further out and perhaps some will chime in with their experiences but it would be a gamble.