PDA

View Full Version : Best way for me to QT?

Demonic
04/10/2009, 05:12 AM
ok, I have a few options to do this and trying to get some critique on the way to do it. I have my main display at 180g that is doing nothing right now but at the end of its cycle or close to it. I have an empty 100g stock tank, and I have a 55 that I am going to pick up today. Is it possible to just run hypo in the main tank? All the rock is eco rox so nothing really alive right now. It has been in the tank for about 6 months. Or should I just set up the stock tank or the 55 and just run it there? Should I just throw some chaeto and pods in the sump of the main tank and some CUC? Throw me some thoughts here..

Deacon
04/10/2009, 09:28 AM
If it was my deal, I'd run hypo outside of the main display...use the 55 or the stock tank for that.

You can probably toss the chaeto in the sump of the main tank now, but I'd wait to add any pods or CUC until the tank is done cycling.

Good luck and post some pictures......

Deacon
04/10/2009, 09:35 AM
I just reread your post. Do you have fish with ich in the display tank?

If so, leave the display fallow (no fish) for a period of 8 to 10 weeks while treating the fish in one of the other tanks. That should make the ich in the display die off.

Demonic
04/10/2009, 08:05 PM
There is no fish in any of the tanks. And there wont be until it is done cycling. Then they will be in QT in the 45 and the stock tank, and a 30 gallon. LOL. Will be running hypo.