PDA

View Full Version : ATO with Kalk/AcJr

veloboy
04/11/2009, 09:27 AM
I'm thinking about setting up an ATO with Kalk via an aqualifter and ACjr.

I've heard one too many horror stories about frying a tank with kalk that I'd like to establish some sort of fail safe way to set this up. One other thing...I've heard that some dc8's can get stuck on the "on" position.

I kow I can setup the Jr using the "if ph>8.59 then ATO off" command but what if the dc8 gets stuck on? Anyone know of a backup option, incorporating the ACjr, that would shut off the kalk addition before it totally fried the tank if the Dc8 did get stuck in the "on" position?

sjm817
04/11/2009, 09:33 AM
IMO/IME, you are better off with a good dual float switch setup. Water evaporates, it is replaced with limewater. A good float switch setup uses one switch for high/low sensor for topoff. The other one is used as a failsafe backup and will shut off the pump if tripped.

Psychographic
04/11/2009, 09:38 AM
Depending on your evaporation rate, you could put a valve on the line slowing it to a drip rate that if run continiously would not OD the tank.

THE ROOK
04/11/2009, 11:44 AM
Dual float setup from autotopoff would take care of it & wouldn't use up any plugs on your dc-8.