PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI float switch question

MrSquid
04/13/2009, 09:49 AM
I've got the PVC mini adustable float valve that I finally just hooked up with my Ocean Reef +1 RO/DI unit.

The float switch works to shut off the flow of water OUT of the RO/DI unit, but is it normal for the system to still put out wastewater?

If that's not normal, what would you suggest I try to get it to not do that? Ideally I'd like for the entire unit to shut down and not accept any more incoming water when the float switch is triggered - or doesn't it work that way?

---edit--- Jim answered this via email. My pressure is too low.

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 11:04 AM
Mike what is your pressure anyway and one of our Aquatec 8800 booster pumps will solve the problem and make your system run better?

Jim

MrSquid
04/13/2009, 11:09 AM
It's 38 - would a T instead of a needle valve do anything for me?

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 12:42 PM
Anything would be better then the 1/8" hole that a self piercing valve makes when you have low pressure. That piercing may be the source of some of your low pressure if the needle is not all the way retracted. I see you ordered a pump and transformer but not the shutoff switch which you will need.

Jim

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 12:47 PM
I'm getting it ready for you now with the switch and will ship priority mail which should get it to you by Wednesday.

Jim

MrSquid
04/13/2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks Jim. Give me a call at the phone # on my order if you need any other info from me. (like my CC for the extra charge on the switch)

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 01:13 PM
I can send you a Paypal invoice but first I want to get this on it way for my USPS carrier pickup.

Jim

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 01:42 PM
Mike the order is on it's way I sent Paypal invoice for $11 we had some excess shipping on the original order which accounts for the price difference.

Jim

MrSquid
04/13/2009, 08:21 PM
Jim - I nixed the needle valve tonight and switched the shutoff valve to one with an extra 1/4" output. That got my pressure up to 55 - and that's with all completely new media in it.

My auto-shutoff switch does work when the float valve triggers it. Will the booster pump do much for me now? If so, what exactly? Will it increase the system's actual output? At what pressure level do I have to worry about lines blowing loose? (I guess I'm kinda half serious about that question - would hate to have one blow loose on my wife while I'm away)

Thefilterguys
04/13/2009, 11:15 PM
Mike I think your fine at 55 psi and the pump isn't need as far as I can see. If you like when you receive your order send it back and we will make a refund.

With the systems we build I have no concern with leaks or tubing blowing off but I can't say the same for anyone elses system. I have tested more then one of our systems at 85-100 psi without issue. I have also run my own personal Aquatec 8800 for over five years now without issue.

Jim