PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller Jr. questions

JPags
04/14/2009, 02:45 PM
just picked up an AC jr and had my cousin make me a serial cable for it. I am starting to play with the programming via AquaNotes and had a few questions.

The manual states that I can use Pin 1 and Pin 2 to connect and external switch. If I connect the wires for the serial port and the external switch can I use both the serial port and external switch at the same time.

Can the AC jr be used to send external X10 commands? I have X10 plugs and controllers in my house and I want to use the AquaController to talk to them so I can have some stuff plugged into my battery backup also controlled by this. (I ordered the X10 line module already to try this out).

Does the AC8 respond to standard X10 commands over the power line? So I can also controll the switches remotely or am I going to conflict with the AquaController if I turn on a switch without the AquaController knowing. I want to setup a remote x10 switch to tun on my tank lights if they are off.

Does the AquaController listen for X10 commands? It seems like it only sends them out.

Thanks

John

oldsaltman
04/14/2009, 02:54 PM
The manual states that I can use Pin 1 and Pin 2 to connect and external switch. If I connect the wires for the serial port and the external switch can I use both the serial port and external switch at the same time.

I can answer this part of the question. Yes, I just did this and it works fine. ;)