PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Aquarium!

CaliReefer12
04/14/2009, 04:25 PM
Im here in British Columbia checking out the local university so I thought I would stop by the local Vancouver Aquarium on thursday. I will definitely take a lot of pics and post them here on reef central. I know they just recently had a beluga whale give birth so they have a baby beluga whale in one exhiibit. Im pretty sure they have a large anemone and reef section so I will definitely spend a good amount of time in there.
Anyone on here been there before and have specific favorite exhibits I make sure not to miss?
Pics are coming!

JustinReef
04/14/2009, 04:47 PM
Its not a huge aquarium so you won't miss anything (decent size though). They are currently getting ready to really upgrade the tropical reef area, so don't get too excited for that--its not spectacular BUT the local stuff (coldwater reefs) are INCREDIBLE. As well, the amazon area is amazing. Overall its a great aquarium. You will have a great time :)

hummermaniac88
04/14/2009, 04:58 PM
I am going to BC for the summer, can't wait to check out the aquarium!

phenom5
04/14/2009, 05:36 PM
It's a nice little aquarium. Back when I use to live up in Vancouver when I was younger, they had killer whales, which were awesome.

As Justin said, the local exhibits are great.