PDA

View Full Version : Why are my shrooms bleaching?

pRadaaaaa
04/15/2009, 08:01 PM
I bought a rock with some spotted shrooms about a month ago, I notice the shrooms are slowly bleaching/shrinking... Im really concerned about this because after I bought the shrooms, I heard the seller had a little outbreak with red bugs... and I thought I saw a few around the rock. Should i remove the rock?

toddy boy
05/15/2009, 12:49 PM
you may have to dip them but if u have the red bugs in the tank you mite have to run interceptor through your tank to get everythang out so nothang else dose bad form the bugs

RyanSweatt2004
08/23/2009, 06:58 PM
sounds like not enough light to me. I keep all my mushrooms under halides and they grow like mad and have awsome colors, Other than that test your water quality, Low salinity will kill any coral in a very short period.

scuba guy ron
08/23/2009, 08:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15581501#post15581501 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RyanSweatt2004
sounds like not enough light to me. I keep all my mushrooms under halides and they grow like mad and have awsome colors, Other than that test your water quality, Low salinity will kill any coral in a very short period.

+1... what lights and size of tank

RyanSweatt2004
08/25/2009, 05:48 PM
I have all my mushrooms in a 40 breeder, The light is about 4 inches above the tank and most of my mushrooms are near the middle to top of my rockwork, about 10-12 inches from my 250 watt 14k halide. They all expand towards the light and have excelent color. As for the red bugs, Are your sure that they are not tiny red flatworms. These are just a tiny pests that feeds on exsess nutriants in the tank, their population can explode fast like flees though. Besides I thought red bugs only attacked sps.