PDA

View Full Version : Question about tank transfer?

Fiction2040
04/15/2009, 11:04 PM
Tomorrow I'll be transferring my 3 month old 3g to a 24g. I'm using all new live sand and 22 pounds of new cured live rock that has been soaking in 10g of saltwater for the past week. My plan is to add 20g of newly mixed water and then of all of the water and rock from the 3g. Does this seem like a good transition? Should I use the 10g of water that I've been using for my new rock or will that not make a big impact? Also since I don't have any fish my bio-load will be very small for the first few weeks.

papajojo
04/15/2009, 11:22 PM
have a spike u may not depending on how "cured" the add ins are. since u have no live stock this shouldn't be an issue. give it a lil while and test for spikes if there is one wait it out patiently if not your probably good to go. GL

Fiction2040
04/17/2009, 12:20 AM
Well my tank arrived shattered (thanks to fedex or maybe the weak packaging of drfostersmith) so now I have to wait another week or two for a replacement tank. I decided to move the cured rock into the 20g of new salt I prepared yesterday. I have an unopened bag of live sand and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to dump it in with the rocks to let it get seeded. or maybe I should dump some sand from my 3g and pour it on the rocks?