PDA

View Full Version : 2 pairs clowns in 125g?

jadeguppy
04/18/2009, 08:21 AM
I had a pair of occe. clowns, but lost the male to ick a few months ago. I finally found a nice small male and added it yesterday. The females seems to have taken to him. I haven't seen any biting, but have seen them shimmy and rub each other. She allowed him near her torches that she hosts, but he didn't try to host. Her torches are in the middle of the tank. To date she has ignored the two bta I added a month ago and one is facing one of the torches.

I have considered trying to add a second pair of clowns to the tank. I want to keep it peaceful. The other currnet fish include a med sized sailfin tang, royal gramma, goby, and two shrimp. Future additions will probably include a flame angel, anthias, and possibly a leopard wrasse. While at my fav store, I noticed that two of the skunk clowns have paired and it looks like two tomatoes are pairing up. He keeps the clowns in a 50-75g tank that also houses the anenomes, usually six or more. Honestly, I like the looks of the tomatoes more than the skinks, but am concerned about aggression. What are the pros and cons of adding one of these pairs to my tank? I have lots of caves and two rbta that currently have no host.