PDA

View Full Version : AC3 and Aquanotes

ravedood
04/18/2009, 10:59 AM
So I just bought an AC3 and its kind of a pain to configure it with just 3 buttons. I tried the built in web server but there aren't too many configuration options under there except to the programming portion.

I heard that you can configure the AC3 using Aquanotes. I downloaded the Aquanotes from Neptune's site. Do I need a serial cable to connect my PC to the AC3 or can I do it over the Ethernet connection? Also, does Aquanotes ned to be registered for it to work with the AC3? Thanks

Mako
04/18/2009, 11:18 AM
Use the ethernet connection on your AC3. When you download Aquanotes you are using the free/lite version. If you purchase a license to the software it opens up more features.

I would visit Kenargo's site and download his AC3 simulator for configuration and testing of different things you may want to do.

http://www.kenargo.com/software/software.htm

ravedood
04/18/2009, 11:25 AM
So I am not able to configure the AC3 with the lite version?

kenargo
04/18/2009, 11:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14851123#post14851123 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ravedood
So I am not able to configure the AC3 with the lite version?

Yes, you can but you need to know the programming language; there is no help to write the code; you write it then upload it. The simulator (mentioned above) has some help; it will show you program syntax (auto-completion) and has a simulation mode that will show you how your components will react to the program. Once you are happy you can use the program to upload to the Ac3. You can use either.