PDA

View Full Version : i'm done with fish for a while

hotrodolds
04/19/2009, 10:47 AM
My stripped blenny was dead this morning. He had a small gash in his side when i found him. He's been up swimming around eating fine no problems at all the last 2 weeks. I dont have the money to deal with paying for dead fish. Out 70 bucks now between the snowflake eel and this guy. Still dont know what did the eel in, think he was doomed from the start. Never seemed to eat like he shouldve.

All of my zoas are opened up and havent lost any colors (only had them a few days though). This frag of brain coral seems fine. No issues with any of my inverts except every few days i find a dead astrea. Pretty confident that this one homicidal hermit is responsible for that. My conch, all 7 nassarius, and the few ceriths, and most of the astreas are all alive and none have died since purchase which can vary between 3months to a week

My clown still looks perfectly healthy and is still eating like a horse today. There was 0 aggression between the clown and this blenny. I'm clueless as to what happened.

reefnetworth
04/19/2009, 12:13 PM
i hear ya',
after years of keeping expensive fish in my reef's, i only have 2 breeding Ocellaris.
i have tons of SPS & LPS some really cool Zoa's and Paly's.
not only does it help in parms it helps in the heartache of losing a fish that was really cool and expen$ive.
my SPS & LPS are growing faster than ever, the Zoa's & Paly's and my Sun Coral colony of about 100+ is doing fantastic. :thumbsup:
i also do a 25% WC every week, and keep my Mg @ 3X's my Ca level & and my Alk just below max. level for better SPS and coralline growth.

hotrodolds
04/19/2009, 12:25 PM
doing a water test right now to check it all out. I just checked it two days ago and everything was golden though

hotrodolds
04/19/2009, 12:50 PM
ammonia 0 and nitrates are between 0 and 5. Not quite a pure yellow but not quite orange 5. Testing my nitrites right now, i guess if ammonia spiked it should show high nitrites right?

K, nitrites are definitely 0 all the way.

msn711
04/19/2009, 02:56 PM
So the only fish you had in the tank were the blenny and clown? And you didn't witness any aggression between the two? How long have you had the blenny? It could be that there was something already wrong with it when you got it. You might want to wait 6 weeks to make sure there's nothing in the water (i.e a parasite or something) that might attach your other fish.