PDA

View Full Version : Ill be joining this club soon

ganjero
04/19/2009, 09:47 PM
Ill be moving to Harrisburg PA during the summer and starting my new tank, so hopefully Ill get to meet some of you soon. BTW if anyone has a tank for sale let me know.

lpkenneys
04/20/2009, 03:54 AM
Welcome ganjero, it's a pretty laid back club, we try and get together every couple of months or so. Let us know when you get settled in and good luck with your move.

JDL
04/20/2009, 08:35 AM
i just saw a brand new 150 oceanic on craigs for $500. I am also selling my 90g reef ready with stand/canopy soon as i get my 120 done, which should be within 2 weeks

trippkid
04/20/2009, 08:56 AM
Hello and welcome, glad to hear another member is on the way. We just do informal meetings at other member's houses. We try to do demos/projects from time to time, I try to bring frags to give away at every meeting, so do the others that can. It really is just about sharing experiences, helping out with whatever we can for one another, and just having a good time in general. No dues or anything. We are starting to try and get some group trips to areas of interests for the members. Glad to see you are an SPS guy(I'm assuming because of your sig.), there are a couple of hardcore SPS freaks in our club, I guess I'd be one of them, at least semi-hc.
Where are you planning to move to in this area. I live about halfway between York and Harrisburg, I know you probably have no idea where these places are, but just to let you know. I will have some frags for you when your ready to get started if you want them. I hope your move goes smoothly, cross country is a PITA, I moved to and back from Phoenix a couple of years back. Good luck and hope to meet up with you sometime in the future.
Matt

JeffBoyRD
04/20/2009, 10:35 AM
Good luck with the move, that's a long one. Welcome to the club. If I might ask, what is bringing you across the country?

ganjero
04/20/2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks everybody. My wife is from Harrisburg and she wants to be closer to family and since all my family is in South America we decided to go to PA. Ive heard there is a big store in Lancaster ( I believe), and hopefully there are good places to get corals too (pacific east aquaculture?)
It sounds good the way you guys carry out the meetings, thanks for all the info Matt and Ill hold on to your word about the frags.

JDL
04/20/2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, www.thatpetplace.com is in Lancaster. Check them out on the web. Like most stores, they are great at some things, and lacking in other areas.

trippkid
04/20/2009, 12:43 PM
No problem, and yes I will definitely have something for you. That Fish Place is in Lancaster, not far from Harrisburg, probably like 30 min or something depending on where you are at in the "burg". We'll all give you the low-down about them, great place for dry goods and tanks(great prices), but the livestock can be iffy at best sometimes, I wouldn't recommend getting any corals from them(possible RB's and other pests, and nasty algae in the other tanks), I think you'll be pleased with some of our collections, as long as you don't mind growing frags, we can help you out. There are a couple good places around, they are just a drive, so day or weekend trips are in order for some of the really good places. Our club is going to be going to one of Dr. Mac's(Pacific East Aquaculture) sources where he gets a lot of his LE corals, probably in June sometime. One of the members here introduced me to him, really cool guy and all kinds of corals. Let us know when you are in the area. Have a good one.
Matt

turbonegro
04/20/2009, 02:07 PM
Hello Ganjero, Your going to love the area. I have a 150gal with cherry stand that I would let go cheap. Also if you want you can send your collection/favorite pieces and I will hold on to them till your ready to start your tank back up. This is how our club rolls!!!

volcom69
04/20/2009, 02:11 PM
That fish place is very good for dry good sales with very good prices on it. If you ever get a chance to see pacific east aquaculture its a great store but from here its a pretty good haul. We went on our way home from the beach. Ah yes "sps freak" what a good name Matt, lol thats what i call myself.