PDA

View Full Version : gold seahorse turning white

seahorsemom
04/21/2009, 03:07 PM
hello. i've been having trouble with my male seahorse. just about a week ago, his dorsal fin was torn off by one of my snails. it was an accident. anyway, he started to get white pacthes over his body. not too many, but he has them. my service guy told me that it was due to stress and it was not an infection. the good news is that his fin has already staryed to grow back, but now his entire body is practically white, except for the last half inch of his tail. does anyone have any idea of this is still because of the tail incident? my tank was servicesd last wednesday and all water levels are perfect! thank you

ctenophors rule
04/21/2009, 05:32 PM
sometimes seahorses change color for various resons.

for example if a seahorse seas a seahorse it wants to mate with, it may change color to be more like it.

so it could be possible that the stress caused it to turn.

just my guess, not an expert by any measure

seahorsemom
04/22/2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks. it's just strange with him. he's eating and swimming around like he doesn't have a worry in the world. i'll give it a few more days and see if he gets his color back. he gets darker when he rests by the rocks. i just don't want anything to happen to him. we'll see. thank you though.

pledosophy
04/23/2009, 01:46 AM
Can you post a picture of the horse. Closer the better.