PDA

View Full Version : feeding H.mag

PAZE
04/22/2009, 07:18 PM
Just tryed to feed my Mag. he never even moved is there anything else that I can try, I have had him since sunday, and as far as I know his last meal was thursday, I tryed to give him a small piece of shrimp but to no avail.

elegance coral
04/22/2009, 07:49 PM
Try peeling the shrimp.

tufacody
04/23/2009, 04:42 PM
Many people recommend that you don't even try feeding a new mag until it is fully settled in. Is it sticky, or just holding and releasing the food? Pics would be great.

Gig 'em
04/23/2009, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't even try feeding it. These anemones seem to get most of their food from sunlight and zooxanthellae, solid foods only seem to make things worse and cause it's health to decline. Patience is the key with it

PAZE
04/23/2009, 05:38 PM
Thats sounds good, maybe just let him settle in, hes sticky he holds onto the shirmp really well but does nothing with it, hes very bleeched out and just wanted to bring his health back, I'll just leave him alone.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/Pazevedo/Tanks04-20-09010.jpg
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/Pazevedo/Dorrie010.jpg
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/Pazevedo/Dorrie011.jpg

Dragonlady
04/23/2009, 06:37 PM
Based on the pictures, it important that your anemone eats within the next 3 weeks or sooner. What type of lighting do you have? Personally, I would try to feed the animal again in about 3 days. It might help if you turn off your pumps/powerheads for about 5 minutes while you offer the anemone food. Sometimes minced 1/2 inch size mussel meat is accepted by mags that are reluctant to eat. Of course feed your clowns first. What did the anemone eat the last time it ate?

PAZE
04/23/2009, 07:09 PM
I never even asked what he ate last, he was in a horrible tank with terrible lighting, I have 8 T5's in my system 4 super atanics and 4 whites, hes about 5 inches from the surface, based on the pictures do you find that he is very bleeched out? The first picture was sunday, it seems his color has changed since then, hopefuly it keeps going.

Gig 'em
04/23/2009, 11:35 PM
the third picture definitely shows more color than the third. I still don't support feeding it any time soon, especially since it doesn't want to accept what you're giving it. Don't try to force feed it, that will definitely mess things up

OrionN
04/24/2009, 05:23 AM
Feed it thinly slide frozen fish, oyster or shrimps. If it does not eat at all, you can try the next day. If it eat some, then wait a day or two then try again. The key here is initially only feed fine food and small amount.

tufacody
04/24/2009, 03:32 PM
It amazes me how so many people lose mags in the first two weeks, and yet other mags live long and slowly bleach like this one. If you get get its color back, I'd be willing to be this anemone lives a long long time. Good luck and keep us posted. Nothing interests me more on these boards than magnifica keeping.

PAZE
04/24/2009, 07:02 PM
He looks the same as the day I got him, from what I can see he looks pretty healthy other then his color. I'll keep you guys all posted.