PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Merulina?

Crustman
04/22/2009, 07:39 PM
Got one of these but read in Borneman that they do not do well. Why is this? Mine came with mysids that swim in and out of it. I attached it to a rock on the top of my reef. Seem fine. The book may be wrong because my Galaxea is doing great and these are not recommended.

datrueleo69
04/22/2009, 09:42 PM
I have one that I have had for well over 6mos. It is doing just fine. Do you have any pictures of it??

gflat65
04/23/2009, 11:28 AM
I've got one I've had for two years, and was in a tank for a few years before I got it... It's been bulletproof and had no special attention at all. It's almost doubled in size in two years (now about 8-9" x 6"), with horrible parameters for much of the time (low alk, Ca, and Mg-all fixed for a while now, but that takes a toll on growth). What were Borneman's reasons for it being a difficult coral to keep? I tend to have opposite experiences from 'the pros'...

Crustman
04/25/2009, 07:31 AM
Here is a pic. I think this is a SPS but I posted it here. I added Kalk last night and now sweepers are out. It will make it. Thanks
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f290/tanapseudes/merulina.jpg

syrinx
04/25/2009, 10:41 AM
It is considered LPS, and they are considered a medium difficulty level coral. The prob with books is they don`t keep current with the tech,nor the biological shifts that take place after publication.