PDA

View Full Version : What Causes This Problem

Josh Candiotti
04/25/2009, 07:51 PM
I have a Octopus 300F HOB and this is the second time this has happened. The skimmer stops making microbubbles nad makes large ones, and the tank gets cloudy? I have had it to the the top with this. It is stuff like this that makes me want to shut down my reef. Can anyone help me, why is this happening?

Josh Candiotti
04/26/2009, 06:29 AM
Is this a malfunction? Or maybe a deffective skimmer?

DarG
04/26/2009, 06:44 AM
I know what skimmer you are referring to but dont know anything about it so I cant help with the skimmer. But very few if any hobbyists end up having NO problems with their tanks. Equipment problems with pumps, skimmers, lighting, calcium reactors, anything can have a problem. Not to mention problems with water parameters, or algae, fish or coral disease ... there are hundreds of problems that can pop up and virtually everyone in this hobby has to deal with one or more of them at some point.
It's just part of the hobby ... you deal with a problem, solve it and move on. If a problem popping up with a skimmer ends up frustrating you to the point of wanting to tear down the tank, then, with no offense intented and in all seriousness, maybe you should just do so. You have to be willing to deal with some frustrations in this hobby just like with just about everything else so deal with the issue, learn from it and move on to enjoy your tank. Or simplify things and tear the tank down so you wont ever again have to deal with a problem related to it if you are so frustrated by them.

Somebody can help with the skimmer, but I would suggest a new thread with the skimmer model listed in the title.

Josh Candiotti
04/26/2009, 10:50 AM
It is just that my skimmer is always acting up. It clogges up or doesn't bubble right, everything else is perfect

Josh Candiotti
04/26/2009, 11:25 AM
Can anyone recommend a good hang on the back skimmer, preferably from drsfostersmith.com

gsxunv04
04/26/2009, 12:11 PM
eshopps pf1000