PDA

View Full Version : Junior's Overnight Nano

juniormc8704
04/25/2009, 08:41 PM
Well I decided to plumb in a home made nano into my existing system.

Its a 20ish gallon turned sideways. It game me some nice depth, and still kept the tank small.

You can really tell from the pics, but the rhyzo island is several inches away from the rear structure, and has a lot of open sand.

Day 1, rough draft

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/juniorsreef/FTSClownTank.jpg

Day 2, Final Design

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/juniorsreef/final3.jpg

Flash Pic

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/juniorsreef/final1.jpg

I dont have a light over it yet, but im getting to demo a Aqua Illumination LED fixture this week.

HomeSlizzice
04/25/2009, 08:58 PM
Looks great Junior. :)

happyclam
04/26/2009, 04:12 PM
Wicked dude! At first I thought you had just photoshopped a pic from the ocean b/c it looked too perfect. That is amazing! Could you do a brief write-up of the tank?

josh0013
04/26/2009, 04:20 PM
very nice

20longreefer
04/26/2009, 06:41 PM
it is sooooooooo unfair your tank looks better then mine after being set up 2 days when mine was set up for 3 months. keep up the good work.

keegoaz
04/26/2009, 06:56 PM
is that frog spawn in their that your clowns are hosting???

juniormc8704
04/26/2009, 07:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14900912#post14900912 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by happyclam
Wicked dude! At first I thought you had just photoshopped a pic from the ocean b/c it looked too perfect. That is amazing! Could you do a brief write-up of the tank?

Sure.

The tank is 24 x 12 x 18.

Its turned sidways, so the front is 12" long, and 18" tall.

It initially was setup this way because it was the only way to make it fit next to my grow out tank, which is the only place i was going to be able to fit it.

After a nightmare driling my 8 gallon nano, and removing all the baffles, I had more more to go....at which point i shattered the gass of the nano cube =) This is what prompted the above tank.

I needed to get a tank plumbed to my existing system to house my second pair of clowns that i had been keeping in a beta breeder, which was hanging on the side in my grow out tank. Realizing that it was going to be a long time before they would have a new home with the new fish room, I decided t make them a new home.

Origianlly it was going to be nothing more than water,a rock, an anemone and the clowns.

Then i looked over and saw how much room my frogspawn and rhyzos were taking up in my grow out tank, and realized they were perfect for the new nano.

I piled some rock that was in my sump in the back, threw in the frog spawns, duncans, and some huge trachys i had....done.

The next day i decided the 3 trachys were too much, so i took two of those out, added the dendro colony, and the rhyzos.

The only flow in the system is a Mag 3 return pump.

The system its tied to has about 150 gallons or so, and it being skimmed by a Deltec AP702, which is rated for about 660 US gallons =) so that should take care of it just fine.

Lighting is still up in the air, but i get to demo a aqua illuminations this week, so maybe ill get one of those to brighten things up a bit.

juniormc8704
04/26/2009, 07:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14901712#post14901712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keegoaz
is that frog spawn in their that your clowns are hosting???

they were in front of it for the pic, but they havent decided if they are or not. One of them dances around in there from time to time, the other wont get near it...so im not sure.

I think once i get a light over the tank, they will really puff up, and the clowns will then host it.