PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Meeting

cowboy20th
04/26/2009, 10:58 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for all the help with the last thread I posted, answered some questions I had been wondering about.

Since I can start building my setup at the end of summer, assuming new job goes well, I would like to have LEDs on my tank, and am willing to post a thread about it, as well as answer any questions and possibly have a lighting meeting sometime later in the year.

Also another Idea I was thinking about was maybe have a parade of reefs so we can all show off what we have been doing with our tanks and possible suggestions and ideas to make them better. I know with the parade of homes they go around and get to look at everything, might not be logistically possible with us though, so I thought about maybe a photo display type thing were we could show off our stuff. Maybe even do it right here on the forums.

Anyone else have some new type of ideas we could do for meetings? Something that might be fun, draw some nonmembers attention to responsible reefing and the club as well.

fallinapart
04/27/2009, 06:04 AM
LED lighting seems to be on the way in, and I'm sure as the price drops, more reefers will be using them. I would love to also, but price keeps me away for now.

A parade of reefs would be hard as we are pretty spread out, but some local's could do one, like Murfreesboro folks, So. Nashville Folks, etc. OR as you suggest we could all log into "ReefNook" and post pictures and history of out tanks there. reefnook is a cool place to show off your tank.

Our meeting for the next few months will be more aimed at the back to basics. We have covered some excellent topics over the last couple of years and now need to talk basics for we have many new folks in the club.