PDA

View Full Version : Attention Wrasse Geeks!

michael_cb_125
04/28/2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdetailcc.asp?did=11&cid=331&pid=2924

I really like this fish!

~Michael

wrasseguy2
04/28/2009, 04:32 PM
i have seen a few of these around and had the pleasure of seeing one in person..it is a very sweet looking fairy..i like it alot becuase i like the rubriventralis and joanallenae alot as well

HOBrien
04/29/2009, 09:27 AM
I saw that one last night and almost bought it but decided not to until I have a 75gallon REEF running that will be primarily Fairy and Flasher Wrasses.

huskerreef
04/29/2009, 09:39 AM
Should be in Omaha by morning :)

michael_cb_125
04/29/2009, 09:41 AM
Very Nice!!

Please post pictures one you have him. That is a stunning fish!

~Michael

ginger7286
04/29/2009, 02:36 PM
This is another great example of why I LOVE THE WRASSES!!!!!!! Hello my name is Ginger and I am a Wrasse addict. He is a beauty.

huskerreef
04/29/2009, 03:31 PM
As a wrasse addict myself, I noticed they had 2.....so of course I couldn't resist and added the second one.

z's_N_p's
04/29/2009, 06:12 PM
wow... very nice... looking forward to seeing it in your tank... :)

anydarnthing
04/29/2009, 06:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14920862#post14920862 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by huskerreef
As a wrasse addict myself, I noticed they had 2.....so of course I couldn't resist and added the second one.

Your wife must hate me.

huskerreef
04/29/2009, 10:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14922055#post14922055 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by anydarnthing
Your wife must hate me.

I did blame you when I explained that 2 more wrasse were showing up tommorrow. :D

huskerreef
04/29/2009, 10:18 PM
Your kinda like the dealer, introduce me to fairy wrasses and sit back and watch the obsession take over. dropping texts messages notifying me of the latest score to be had, almost as if you had some financial stake in the wrasse trade..hmmm.

Barracuda
04/29/2009, 10:51 PM
Nice score!

Here is mine during the acclimation phase:
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/Slimeyfish/CNaokoae4-1152009.jpg

Barracuda
04/29/2009, 11:03 PM
I also have two of these - here is a shot of the second male.
They both are about the same size.
Good eaters (brine, mysis, pellets, flake, etc)
Similar behavior as rubriventralis and joanallenae, maybe slightly aggressive, yet a fairly social species (like rubriventralis).
Fairly tolerant of each other, but, somewhat aggressive towards my small chrysus (yellow) & ornatissimus (christmas) wrasses

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/Slimeyfish/CNaokoae1-1152009.jpg

H.Tanaka
04/30/2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks all.

I actually named it; Naoko is my wife.

Dr. Randall and I described the species with three individuals from Indonesia.

It was said to have been collected in northern Sumatra in 2008 at the depths of 10-20 meters, but divers' report is yet to be available.

Now the species found the aquarium trade in Japan and several are on sale. Now I have one, a smaller male, 6cm.

The species differs in having a higher dorsal fin and a yellow streak on side from C. joanallenae; they are close relatives.

A good Luck on your fish.

huskerreef
04/30/2009, 09:46 AM
I now possess every wrasse named after the person describing its wife :) I will post pics. I need to find and describe a wrasse and name it after my wife...can you imagine how much more you get away with...sorry for coming home at 3 a.m. last night...lets go look at the fish thats scientific name is the same as yours;). H. Tanaka I was excited to see these fish available and cant wait to see them swimming around with the other wrassses. If you ever come to the states I know our club would love to hear you lecture for hours on wrasses...we have quite a few wrasse collectors in Nebraska.

H.Tanaka
04/30/2009, 06:07 PM
Thank you very much for your kind invitation.

If I have a time I hope to visit your area to talk (but can you tolerarte my poor concersation ?) about fairy wrasses. Photos are very important to me.

I proposed the name and asked Jack Randall and he replied yes very soon. It made me and my wife so exciting.

When I got the two male specimens (both last February) it was a very rare import, and soon she was so astonished to know that the fish has recently been sold at a very high price. She has not tried to murmur against my GREAT hobby since then...

Please check my photos shown below.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=122564&thumb=1

huskerreef
04/30/2009, 09:18 PM
Pictures do not do these guys justice, the colors look almost artificial. I am hoping they do well, nobody seems to mind them moving into there territory but one of the 2 was pretty stressed out when arriving. I think they could have used more water in the bags. Immediately the stressed one went to the rock work while the other scouted things out, several hours later I turned the lights back on and they were swimming around but soon became bashful again. So far so good.

huskerreef
04/30/2009, 09:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14928479#post14928479 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by H.Tanaka
Thank you very much for your kind invitation.

If I have a time I hope to visit your area to talk (but can you tolerarte my poor concersation ?) about fairy wrasses. Photos are very important to me.

I proposed the name and asked Jack Randall and he replied yes very soon. It made me and my wife so exciting.

When I got the two male specimens (both last February) it was a very rare import, and soon she was so astonished to know that the fish has recently been sold at a very high price. She has not tried to murmur against my GREAT hobby since then...

Please check my photos shown below.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=122564&thumb=1

I dont know about the others but I could talk wrasses and look at wrasse pics for hours. We are also lucky to have Scott Michaels living in our area and have a great zoo and aquarium in town that is taken care of by the Great Mitch Carl (shameless sucking up as he hooks us up with some great speakers). Hows that for painting a fun fishy weekend for you should you make it to Omaha Nebraska some day. As someone thats read most of your articles on wrasses, tell your wife I am very pleased with my new fish bearing her name :)

huskerreef
04/30/2009, 09:31 PM
great gallery, I drool every time I see Cirrhilabrus sanguineus. Thats my holy grail of wrasses