PDA

View Full Version : Pics of unknown paly that poped up!

Guygettnby
04/29/2009, 06:14 PM
well after a year of nothing but radioactive dragon eyes on this rock this unknown paly poped up outa no where. i kinda like the coloring of it and it defilently grows pretty slow. but maybe thats beacuse of were it is located in my tank and it is not getting as much light as it could be. it could be some kind of protopaly by the looks of it, but it sure is cool after all these years to just have somethings just come out of nowhere and be free! gotta love freebies...not the best picture, but the best i could do for the time being.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/guygettnby/Picture089.jpg

Atarax
04/29/2009, 09:15 PM
I have some of those exact pallys under high light they turn a baby blue and get greener the lower the light.

650-IS350
04/29/2009, 09:55 PM
those are protopalythoa's in the same mold as the nuclear greens and purple deaths but not as good looking and are way faster growers.. and are actually invasive growers IMO.

Some do get better light bluish hue or light greenish I used to give these things away. I would grow them on the sand away from the main rocks.

Capt_Cully
05/02/2009, 06:46 AM
I've got some of those that just popped up after a year and a half in my SPS tank. I'd be worried but they are kept in check by GSPs and some hairy shrooms. They actually have a nice cammo pattern, but they are also HUGE! I wouldn't want them in "the garden" with the rest of my zoos, that's for sure.

650-IS350
05/02/2009, 12:50 PM
I don't know if people know this but GSP and Mushrooms have strong toxins of sort that cant take out SPS and LPS... will also control polyps from going their way. But these guys have to touch others to take them out.

parishilton
05/03/2009, 02:29 AM
take them out before they are out of control.