PDA

View Full Version : Cupramine - Dosage Levels?

r0cksteady
04/29/2009, 06:36 PM
Hi All,

Have currently gone through a cycle of whitespot. I originally treated with Cupramine as a lot of the fish were at deaths door and I needed immediate results. Thankfully this worked and I survived all remaining fish moved to QT.

As it was my first time i made a few mistakes now that I wouldnt do again but basically I couldnt get any results on the 3 different brands of copper test kits so as it wasnt something I could monitor I decided to do weekly 50% water changes and run carbon to remove the copper. I then initiated hyposalinity treatment for the next 4 weeks.

Im now at a stage where I feel that the whitespot is well and truly gone so am raising the salinity back to normal over this week. I also decided to be safe remove the carbon, do another 50% water change.

I am wondering if once the salinity is back to normal just to be 100% sure treat with cupramine again for say a week? Thoughts?

Also wondering if you cant measure cupramine on test kits. How slowly\quickly is the copper absorbed? Basically im after a general guide line for dosing after the recommended 1m per 10 gallons initially and then again 48 hours later considering i cant measure it?

Hope this makes sense. Thankyou for anyone taking the time to read this and respond :)

WLachnit
04/30/2009, 09:33 PM
Cupramine can be measured using the Salifert kit.

Triggerfish
05/01/2009, 04:39 PM
last time i dosed i just used 1 mL per 10 gallons. results were fantastic..
i wouldn't bother with another dose after raising sg..