PDA

View Full Version : Coral Dips question

kirkaz
04/30/2009, 03:56 PM
I am fairly inexperienced coral keeper as I have always had what could be considered "aggressive" fish. In my 240 I have been keeping softies. Basically a few leathers and mushrooms. I enjoy them, I have some more mushrooms coming next week and wanted to see if I have this right.

Essentially coral dips are used to remove unwanted pests from the new additions, right? My wrasses, triggers, and angels would likely remove any of these "pests" anyway, right? So not much reason to do any sort of dip then?

My understanding is coral from a reliable source (I trust Blue Zoo completely as to how they prepare livestock of any kind) cannot carry any dangerous pathogens to a fish....Correct me if I'm wrong.

runningstix
04/30/2009, 04:19 PM
When you get a liking to sps start dipping revive, tmpcc, interceptor, and flatworm exit.

kirkaz
04/30/2009, 04:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14927838#post14927838 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by runningstix
When you get a liking to sps start dipping revive, tmpcc, interceptor, and flatworm exit.

LOL, I like SPS very much, Unfortunately, I think my 3 big Angels would too though.:mad: Trade-off I guess.