PDA

View Full Version : Ordering From The States

DaveYardley
05/01/2009, 06:49 AM
Im starting to run low on supplies I brought from the states. What company back in the states will deliver here to Okinawa?

Thanks,
Dave

Patrick12
05/01/2009, 08:55 AM
Foster and Smith will, but it will take forever as they ship things and I think they actually tell the postal service not to deliver it in under 2 months.

Marine Depot ships here and they do much better with the shipping. The prices are slightly higher than F&S, but it is sometimes worth it to get things quicker.

I also have a friend who owns SP Aquatics and he can get things on the cheap and can have them here pretty quick too.

That is how I get my stuff.

Lionel
05/02/2009, 12:49 AM
premium aquatics has a good selection, and prices, but shipping is a complete crapshoot with them. I've received things in a week, and others in over a month. Foster & smith uses parcel post for heavy stuff, so it comes over by ship. you can get salt mix on the cheap, though.

jeffb3t
05/02/2009, 05:08 AM
I have used Marine Depot, Custom aquatics and Premium aquatics with great sucess. Dr Foster and Smith was reliable but as stated above very slow on getting stuff here.

james37128
05/02/2009, 07:29 AM
Marine depot almost always ships the next day and then takes a week. Premium aquatics is decent, but they aren't always in a hurry to get your package in the mail, also takes them a day or 2 at least to get a shipping quote. They usually email you with the quote and after you say yes it will be another 2 or 3 days after when they ship out. Besides that great customer service from premium aquatics. They recently were planning to charge 90$ to ship something, but when I told them I could get it somewhere else shipped for 50$ they decided to match that. I wouldn't take advantage of that though, I was being honest.

james37128
05/02/2009, 07:31 AM
By the way, salty critter is another decent place I have ordered stuff from. Aquacave I have ordered from and been happy before, but also been disappointed by their customer service.