PDA

View Full Version : Dottyback vs. Wrasse

Left Coast DJ
05/01/2009, 09:35 PM
I have a 48x18x18 frag tank with eggcrage running down the middle of the tank with live rock on the bottom sitting on top of about a 5" sandbed. Along with numerous frags, and grow-out plates, I have two common False Percs that are hosting a large Duncan and a Melanurus Wrasse that's about 4" long.

I'd like to get a Pseudochromis (nee Dottyback) for bristleworm control. It'll probably be a Friedmani or a Springeri. So my question is: What are the chances of the Dottyback & Melanurus Wrasse co-existing peacefully?

Anyone else have a wrasse and a dottyback in the same tank? Any issues since they seem to occupy the same niche within the tank?

alex gonzales
05/02/2009, 10:51 AM
I've had a neon dottyback and a sixline wrasse in the same tank for about a year and they are doing just fine. although my tank is a six footer and they occupy opposite sides of my tank.

tcmfish
05/02/2009, 11:57 AM
If you get either of the two you listed you will be fine. But that is not true for all dottybacks. Lots of them are aggressive but both of those would be excellent choices.