PDA

View Full Version : black saddlebacks (polymnus) but which anemone?

rozzzna
05/03/2009, 03:53 AM
i just got a pair of black saddlebacks yesterday.. they are about 1½"

i want to get them an anemone, but which one would be best? as far goes the natural nems for these clowns i think they will get way to large for my tank in short time..

i have a 42g long.

other fishes in the tank

6-stripe wrasse

lawnmover blenny

thats it..

my tank has been running almost a year.

ive heard/read so much about the haddoni being very aggressive and eating fish.. and i really like my 2 other fish and dont want such thing to happen..

the h. crispa, ive read it can be a bit sensitive but grows very very large..

i have a lot of corallimorphians, zoas and some LPS and very few SPS.. would the nem harm them by climbing?

i have a large open area on the sand bottom of the tank, but i know i cant be sure that the nem wants to stay there.. just read theyre doing best anchored in the sand..

could anyone help me find out which nem would be the best choice for my tank? i dont want to give them a BTA or something like that, only their natural hosts..

RicksReefs
05/03/2009, 07:32 AM
http://www.reefs.org/library/images/clown_anemones.jpg

Arati
05/03/2009, 08:57 AM
If this is your first anemone get a Bubble tip.

rozzzna
05/03/2009, 11:44 AM
i want to give them an anemone from their natural habitat.. i am aware that a h. crispa might be harder to keep than the BTA

ransomed4ever
05/03/2009, 11:58 AM
My saddlebacks took to my LTA in less than a minute. I've had the LTA for a couple years, even under PC's for the first year (it likes halides much better though). Plus the LTA stays on the sand.

rozzzna
05/03/2009, 01:41 PM
ok, i will read up on the LTA then, i really like the idea of it staying on the sand..

i have MH on my tank, it should be fine as far as lightning goes

JamesJR
05/03/2009, 02:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14943010#post14943010 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rozzzna
i want to give them an anemone from their natural habitat.. i am aware that a h. crispa might be harder to keep than the BTA

I had a pair of saddles that went into a BTA within 5 minutes of being introduced.

noboddi
05/03/2009, 06:51 PM
LTAs grow very large - larger than sebaes. 42 long is too small for one IMO.