PDA

View Full Version : Help with angel

swannyson7
05/05/2009, 08:37 AM
I have a lemonpeel angel that has been in my tank for about 6 months. When the lights came on this morning, he was nowhere to be found, but upon closer inspection, I found him wedged between the glass and a piece of liverock. The liverock was always leaning against the glass, and doesn't appear to have shifted. When I removed the rock to get him out, I noticed he was breathing heavily and he appeared to have a few spots that looked like bruises on one side of his body. I put him in a quarantine tank, but I don't know what to do to help him. Water perameters are all fine, and all of the other fish are fine. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is he doomed? Or is there something I can use to treat him? Thanks!!

silverfly
05/05/2009, 10:20 AM
He could have flukes, rubbing against the rocks to rid himself of them will cause what looks like bruises. Also the flukes will affect his breathing as they tend to be found inside the gills. The fact he is ill will cause him to hide away in the rocks too!
If he seems stable you could give him a fresh water dip and then check the water afterwards for flukes.
I could be wrong but thats what i would do.
Good luck!

drstevemiller
05/05/2009, 12:03 PM
I would just leave him alone. I wouldn't treat until you know what you are treating. Also, although I believe in QT, I also believe that moving him from a home of 6 months to a new wnvironment is also stressful.

Hope he pulls through.