PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tang (blackich)

ocarius
05/05/2009, 06:57 PM
My Yellow Tang got a case of black spots on him late last week, after consulting a few local fish stores one of them who i've taken advice from in the past suggested treating the main tank.

THE MAIN TANK: A 3 Month Old 75gallon, 80lb live rock 40lb live sand tank, with 20 galllon sump.

FISH: I got my Yellow tang and also have two clown fish, ocellarius.. i got them a week apart but decided since that was all that was in my tank to put them in the main tank.

Well as i was saying I treated the tank with a blueish drop based chemical thats main ingredent is Formalin. The ich went away pretty fast and I've not seen it for a few days, I plan to monitor the tang close, his eating habits never changed.. I just noticed raised black spots on his body... I was wondering with me dosing Formalin into the main tank would that possible have killed off any other lingering pest in the tank or should i do a hyposalinty.

phk36
05/06/2009, 06:54 PM
Hey I had the same thing. I used malachite green in a qt this worked. You have black ich it is some kind of worm that goes in a five day cycle. It is like ich where it is seen on the host fish as a black dot than falls off and more and more and so on. My yellow tang did live. Pull him out and qt him