PDA

View Full Version : Schooling Fish?

King Nine
05/05/2009, 09:02 PM
This has probably been asked before but I can not get the search function to work. Sorry if it is. I'm looking to put a schooling fish in my 125 fowlr. I'm thinking green chromis might be the only way to go and probably not a bad option. Does anyone know any cool schooling fish that I could have 8 or 10 of with out getting a loan to do it???

saltyguy51
05/05/2009, 09:36 PM
I have 4 Green chromis and 7 more coming as soon as they can sell their live rock and are able to get those little buggers out. They are a nice schooling fish that like you said dont break your bank account. There is a guy on here that has alot of anthias but Im sure they are not 4 or 5 bucks each. There are blue chromis also from the Caribbean region also if you like that color

unleashed13
05/06/2009, 01:22 PM
false percs(clowns) school ,cardinals,anthias,yellow tangs, bannerfish(poor mans moris idol) these are to name a few

King Nine
05/06/2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for those replies. I like the idea of the banner fish but I think they might get a little pricey. Do they do well if you add them individually or would I have to add them all at once?

Damascus
05/06/2009, 09:05 PM
things do better if added together.

sevendigitcake
05/07/2009, 09:32 AM
what else is in your tank? any predetors? if not then longspine cardinals would be perfect, i think they also go by blue cardinals, im not sure, but they are the best when talking a tight group in an aquarium