PDA

View Full Version : How high on my false wall should my return hole be?

agoutihead
05/07/2009, 08:48 AM
Ok I am going to have one 3/4" return hole/bulkhead in my false wall to return water from the back chambers to the display.

How high/low should I have this hole drilled?

Should I have it level with the overflow? Or maybe an 1" below it?

I was thinking keeping it just about even with the overflow so I wont have much siphon to the rear chambers in case of power outage.

Thoughts?

nebraskareef
05/07/2009, 09:33 AM
a false wall isn't going to be in any trouble if a siphon is created. At most, you are looking at a few inches difference to even get one started. I would put it in a location that you will easily be able to split your return with your locline (read your other thread) to get good coverage.

agoutihead
05/07/2009, 10:16 AM
Hmm. Well I suppose 4-5" from the top edge might be able to be hidden a little easier.

Hmm. I guess it doesnt matter is what youre saying right?

Agu
05/07/2009, 10:30 AM
The hole can be anywhere that won't block your aquascaping or coral placement. Usually that's up higher in a tank.

nebraskareef
05/07/2009, 11:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14968965#post14968965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agoutihead
Hmm. Well I suppose 4-5" from the top edge might be able to be hidden a little easier.

Hmm. I guess it doesnt matter is what youre saying right?

Right, with a false wall, it doesn't matter.

agoutihead
05/07/2009, 02:49 PM
Well I might as well put it in the middle of the chamber this way if I do 3 arms I can get even flow, top middle and bottom.