PDA

View Full Version : What additives for LPS coral

GrayJ
05/07/2009, 05:49 PM
I'm fixin' to start with LPS corals. What additives should I look into gettin'. B-ionic? Kalkwasser? Magnesium? Right now, I have a FOWLR tank and like my previous post stated, I'm wanting to start off on the right foot and be ahead of the ball game before I start purchasing them. I'm reading every day and could use any advice that y'all would be willing to give. Thanks

davewbush
05/07/2009, 06:19 PM
With LPS, weekly water changes of 10% should be enough to keep water parameters good. You will have to test cal, alk, and mg to see where they are at and then add what is needed.

GrayJ
05/07/2009, 08:28 PM
Are there any certain ones that are better than the other?

davewbush
05/07/2009, 09:58 PM
It is going to depend on what you like. Everyone likes there own thing on here and argues about it all the time. I use kent marine liqued cal. tech m, and coral builder when I need to supplement. A lot of people use 2 part additives. I haven't had to add cal in 3 months and it is still at 500ppm. I add Mg when I do water changes and coral builder twice a week.

GrayJ
05/07/2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll be asking more questions later as I learn more. Thanks again for your help.