PDA

View Full Version : Aquatraders Help

Jman13
05/07/2009, 07:50 PM
i have been looking to upgrade my lighting system for my 55 gallon tank so that i will be able to keep sps coral, and i stumbled apon aquatraders and it was like a dream come true, and im just wondering is this to good to be true. and if it is anyone got a light for me? thanks

Entropy
05/07/2009, 07:58 PM
Are you looking for a stand alone unit (plug and play) or do you have a canopy that you can retrofit into (and are you willing).

Jman13
05/07/2009, 08:14 PM
stand alone

reefdude135
05/08/2009, 07:37 PM
If you don't care about quality and don't ever plan to need customer support, then it's a great deal.

Duff Man
05/08/2009, 07:45 PM
You don't have to spend $1000 on a light either. I don't have one, but have looked into it and probably read every post in the huge Odyssea thread. I would plan on replacing the ballasts, the ones that come with it don't put out the advertised 250 watts, meaning that you will not be able to run another 250W bulb. New ballasts seem to change the light dramatically. Some have said that the new units come with updated ballasts, but the jury seems to be out on that. Do a search and read the thread. There are a ton of reviews from people who actually own the unit and will give you real information.

tipmoff
05/08/2009, 07:58 PM
I purchased a 250 MH and PC unit 2 months ago with the intent on upgrading the ballasts and lights later on if needed. The unit has been running great with no issues. All corals - LPS/SPS/Palys/Zoas are doing great and growing. I haven't measured PAR or wattage output but that is not important to me if all the inhabitants in the tank are happy!