PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 1262 to PVC plumbing

jcovercash
05/08/2009, 05:59 PM
I am plumbing up my Eheim 1262 pump externally. I am having as many pumps external as possible to reduce as much heat in the water as I can do avoid having to buy a chiller.

It does not fit into my plans to use flex line, or much of it at least.

I did not know that the eheim pump had odd fittings when I ordered it or I might would have went with something else.....

Does anyone know the proper adapter that I need both inlet/outlet to convert the eheim directly to PVC? I don't want to get the incorrect fitting and rig it up. The stock fitting has an oring on it that seals it and its a straight thread, not a tapered thread like a pipe fitting.

I am also not opposed to adapting it on the outside of the fitting (the eheim fitting has the OD threads on it if you take that cap off), does anyone know a fitting that would go there that could adapter to pvc?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,
Josh

JDL
05/08/2009, 06:13 PM
it doesnt have odd fittings. get a 3/4 male to slip fitting from HD/lowes

jcovercash
05/08/2009, 06:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14977751#post14977751 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JDL
it doesnt have odd fittings. get a 3/4 male to slip fitting from HD/lowes

All the fittings i found at lowes were NPT (tapered thread fittings), the fittings in the pump are straight fittings.

JDL
05/08/2009, 06:53 PM
i used them on my setup. However i am in sump so not sure how well they are connected.

Byronc
05/08/2009, 06:54 PM
I had A LOT of problem with the same issue.

What ended up working for me was using a 3/4" thread to slip PVC piece. I would silicone the connection instead of over tightening because I cracked the pump/

jcovercash
05/08/2009, 07:04 PM
Anyone got these plumbed up external know a no leak solution?

rendogg
05/08/2009, 07:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14977952#post14977952 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Byronc
I had A LOT of problem with the same issue.

What ended up working for me was using a 3/4" thread to slip PVC piece. I would silicone the connection instead of over tightening because I cracked the pump/

Did you use teflon thread tape?