PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Lunare Wrasse....HELP!

dnnor
05/08/2009, 11:37 PM
OK guys I need a lil help here, i bought a lunare wrasse on thursday, added it to my 150 gal. FOWLR tank. this was about 6:00 in the evening, watched the tank for about 45mins just to make sure none of the other tank mates bullied or nipped at it....all was good. left home for a while, got home around 2:00am and the wrasse is nowhere to be found.....

here are the details i'm sure you'll ask:

OTHER FISH IN THE TANK
stars and stripes puffer, approx 5"
lionfish, approx 4-5"
clown trigger, approx 4"
green wolf eel, approx 12"
yellow tang, med
blue hippo, approx 5-6"
and 6-8 crabs, small to med

SUBSTRATE
crushed coral, about 3" deep

Approx 150-200lb LR

Now here's my question....could/would the other tankmate not only kill it; would they completly devour it and leave no remains?

or is it likely that it has buried itself into the substrate, even tho it's crushed coral?

BTW when i got home, none of the fish look like they had just dined on a 4-5" wrasse. the eel or puffer didn't look blotted as they often do from eating a much smaller silver side at feeding.

Any and all thoughts welcome....

AuroraDrvr
05/08/2009, 11:54 PM
The wrasse is probably hiding. Either deep in the crevice of a rock or in the sand.

DamnPepShrimp
05/09/2009, 08:14 AM
Yeah, wrasses are great at hiding. I lost a 7" klunzinger wrasse in a BB 90g tank when I first put him in! Took me forever to find him! He will come out when ready. Lunares are tough customers, he should be fine in time.

dnnor
05/09/2009, 12:56 PM
well i'm happy to say youwere correct-a-mondo...he came out of hiding today and is swimming and eating just fine, thanks guys.

poolkeeper1
05/09/2009, 01:23 PM
If It goes missing long term, Check your overflows they have been known to jump In and not jump back out! I lost one for several months like this and when I retrieved It It died within a day.

bluedevils32701
05/09/2009, 01:45 PM
he is probably in the sand...