PDA

View Full Version : Dendro

Meaty24
05/09/2009, 04:13 PM
I bought 200 bucks worth of Dendros. The first few days they showed their faces, then retracted in a normal fashion. The last few days, they are invisible and worry they are dying. Not even tiny but is sticking out.

Any thoughts?

cloak
05/09/2009, 04:33 PM
A different forum perhaps?

I wish I was up to speed on those.

GL.

:)

andyrm66
05/09/2009, 10:32 PM
Sure they're Dendros and not sun corals? When I got my dendro it stayed closed for 12-18 hours at a time. Now its open most all day. Try putting food on it, might help it come out. If the flesh is not retracting its prob fine. However, I was only feeding once maybe twice a week, now I feed almost every other day, really helps with full extension.

Meaty24
01/12/2010, 11:22 PM
IT is definitely a dendro. 100%. Nothing is working. Help!

julie180
01/13/2010, 09:23 AM
Are all your water levels in check? Could be a kh or sg problem.

ChadTheSpike
01/13/2010, 09:50 AM
when you say dendro, do you mean dendro phlyllia or dendro nepthea, based on the discussion, it sounds like dendrophyllia.

In which case, I would visit the nonphotosynthetic forum and search for the 'tupperware method' to feed. My experience has been that doing this for a few days in a row in the evening stimulates the feeding response and puts them up close and personal to make sure they feed. If the mouth is open even a tiny bit, it will take a small mysis or chunk of mysis.

Dendronepthea is more complicated.

I also agree with the daily feeding.