PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Elegance Coral okay under power compacts?

mk4fan
05/10/2009, 08:34 AM
Hello, i am thinking about buying an aussie elegance coral. I have a 28 gallon bow with 2x65 watt power compacts. Do you think this would be okay for the elegance?

Thanks for your help.

elegance coral
05/10/2009, 03:23 PM
I personally would not do it.

datrueleo69
05/10/2009, 09:27 PM
I would not attempt it. That's just not enough lighting. You may get away with it if you keep it high in the tank, but then you run the risk of it getting damaged on your live rock. So play it safe and either get some stronger lighting (before bringing it home) or leaving it be for now.

Zire
05/12/2009, 03:00 PM
While more light would definitely be beneficial I had an Elegance(dunno if it was Aussie or Indo, I honestly don't know the difference) under 4 65 watt 50/50 PC's in my 95 gallon high in the tank and it was okay for about 3 months. I've since upgraded to 2 175 watt MH bulbs and two 110 watt VHO's and my Elegance seems more colourful, larger and generally healthier. However at no point did it look close to dying under my 65 watt PC's, not to say that an Elegance will thrive or even survive under your lighting but in my experience it is not a very light intensive coral.