PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium controllers

Dustin2
05/10/2009, 08:35 AM
I am looking to get an aquarium controller of some sort. I have a 180 gallon reef tank and would like to measure temp ph and orp and any other features would be nice. I am looking for any type of expierience and advice on what type i should get

reidcrandall
05/10/2009, 08:42 AM
I just made a purchase, and most people that I have spoken with have recommended the Neptune line. I had ordered the ACIII, but have since switched the order to the forthcoming Apex model. If you aren't looking for eventual expandability, I think the AC Jr might be a good fit for you.

Rendos
05/10/2009, 09:47 AM
AquaController Jr. for a simple light timer, pH controller, temp controller. If you want beyond that, go with the Pro.

ReefKeeper Lite is about the same as the AC Jr. Minimal cost - minimal features. If you require more features, go with the Elite.

I use all of the above on various tanks, and like all of them. I have had an Aquatronica and had numerous problems. Stick with one of the above and you should be very happy.

gem
05/10/2009, 09:52 AM
I just got the AC jr. Once I got it figured out...I love it. Easy to program and works great! Never used a controller before. Always did everything manually. Love the fact that I don't have to turn lights on and off myself. I have fallen asleep and forgotten in the past!

Dustin2
05/10/2009, 10:00 AM
ok and as far as accesing them from the internet which ones can do that?

kcsalt
05/10/2009, 10:02 AM
I use an old ACII works geat

suasponte2/75
05/10/2009, 11:04 AM
Neptune controllers all the way and there's so many cool little things you can do via the internet for these things it's mind boggling.. I've had the older model AC Jr. that I used for the past 5 years with great success. It was running my 180G tank without any problems. I've recently upgraded to the ACIII (for the internet and extra probe capabilities) and love it but honestly didn't have to. I only upgraded because I saw a deal I couldn't pass. I can control everything wherever I can get an internet connection to even my blackberry! Go to the Neptune forum and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not a tech geek by any means but they are so helpful there and it's loaded with tons of info.

Check out this cool feature (available for most aquarium controllers that can get internet access actually). I can let anyone check out my tank's status without worrying about them messing with the settings.

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/sig.php?n=suasponte275