PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for a rbta to get long tentacles ?

happyface888
05/10/2009, 09:37 PM
I bought a 4" inch rbta 4 months ago, which had no tentacles and was brownish red. Over the past 4 months it has slowly changed from brown to light red and grew tentacles. The color has not deepen like most rbtas I have seen, its still light red but not pink. Another thing that puzzles me is why are the tentacles on my rbta so short?? They are short, like half an inch long, the tentacles have all grown out and I am wondering why are they still so short even after 4 months? How long does it take for a naked rbta to get its long tentacles????

The rbta is under a 250w 14k MH, + 2x ATI Blue Plus T5's in a 50gallon Tank. I recently added a small maroon (2 weeks ago) and it has nipped off some of its tentacles but I don't it would stop them from growing out.

The rbta gets fed every other day, Shrimp and silversides soaked in selcon. The mouth is closed tight and it eats fast.

I'm stomped....

t4zalews
05/11/2009, 08:17 AM
the maroon might be too agressive with it being only 4 in., maybe try and seperate them for a little bit and I would only feed the anemone once or maybe twice a week. It takes a lot of energy for the anemone to digest the food...so take it easy on the feeding