PDA

View Full Version : Too much current?!

Gulfsurfer
05/10/2009, 10:14 PM
Hey this is only my second post and im new to the hobby so take it easy on me haha... I bought this 46 gallon bow front off my buddy and I was looking at all the equipment boxes and realized he put the koralia 3 powerhead in there and I'm thinking 850 gph seems like wayyy too much.. Am I right?

macchicks
05/10/2009, 10:24 PM
no its not to much. I have a k3 and a seio 1100 on my 40 gallon and I may have to much only by a little though. The K3 however would leave me way under flow though 2 K3s would probly be perfect though.

edit to add....
just my opinion however... I will take the hint from my corals when I move them in to the tank and change it to thier liking.

Gulfsurfer
05/10/2009, 10:26 PM
okay, thanks! wheres the best way to point the current? Right now I kind of have have it parallel to the bottom of the tank

macchicks
05/10/2009, 10:36 PM
I had one on one side pointing directly across the back mid height and the other in the center back pointing up to the front from mid height.

I was moving much of my sand from the front of the tank

I now have the mid back one on the opposite side pointing towards the oppisite front corner
I hope the arrows give a clearer picture.. I am however moving a lot less sand I only have one small bare spot under the one powerhead pointed diagnioly.

.........<

my spelling sucks today. sorry.

Gulfsurfer
05/10/2009, 10:37 PM
okay thanks again! yeah I get the arrows haha

macchicks
05/10/2009, 10:38 PM
You may have to do some things different due to the bowfront... And heck I am not sure I am even doing it right.

Gulfsurfer
05/10/2009, 10:41 PM
yeah the sand disturbance seems to have had settled down, now if I could get my clarkii to stop making it look like craters on the moon

Sisterlimonpot
05/10/2009, 10:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14988685#post14988685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gulfsurfer
yeah the sand disturbance seems to have had settled down, now if I could get my clarkii to stop making it look like craters on the moon good luck with the crater thing, by pointing a powerhead towards the surface you create good surface agitation which aids in oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange.