PDA

View Full Version : newcomer !

Dombar
05/10/2009, 10:43 PM
Hi there !

Just want to know your favourite's and most colourful fishes for a nanoreef of 15 gallon !

Sugar Magnolia
05/11/2009, 06:48 AM
Here's a listing of fish that are nano-friendly - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124

[welcome]

Umbriel
05/11/2009, 07:51 AM
I have a Biocube 14 and I can tell you that I love my purple firefish. It's very colorful and I believe they have a great personality.

I also at one point owned a yellowhead jawfish that was most likely the most personable fish I've ever owned, though you'll need a top for your tank and a decent amount of sand for them to burrow in. They look beautiful under actinic lighting.

Oh, I almost forgot. Consider the royal gramma, too. They are quite stunning, but I can tell you mine was a bit bossy.

I would recommend any of those for your tank. There are some good options for a smaller tank (though it may not seem like it sometimes, since there are so many other options for bigger tanks).

Dombar
05/11/2009, 12:04 PM
thanx a lot !

I think I will purchase an royal gramma, an ocelaris and maybe an firefish...

I also like the tail spot blenny, the catalina gobi and the twin spot gobi...

Dont worry, I wont buy everything !!! and I have a lot of liverock with caves and hiding places !

I'm also looking for an really small anemone, any idea ?

12gallonbaby
05/11/2009, 01:26 PM
for anemones it gets kinda hard. i have had three in total and each time as they get bigger and bigger i have had to sell them. the one i have now i bought as the size of a nickel. its is now silver dollar sized with out me feeding it. you can have one just know that they can easily outgrow your tank within a year. hope this helps!

small alien
05/11/2009, 03:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14990921#post14990921 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dombar
thanx a lot !

I think I will purchase an royal gramma, an ocelaris and maybe an firefish...

I also like the tail spot blenny, the catalina gobi and the twin spot gobi...

Dont worry, I wont buy everything !!! and I have a lot of liverock with caves and hiding places !

I'm also looking for an really small anemone, any idea ?

Tailspot blennies are awesome and easy.

Catalina's need cooler temps than a standard reef tank. If you want a neat little goby, try Trimma sp. or Eviota sp. Also, the green-banded goby is really neat (I have all three).

Twinspot gobies are very hard to feed and almost always die in captivity which is quite a shame as they are really neat looking. Take it slow. Good luck.

Umbriel
05/12/2009, 08:24 AM
Tailspot blennies are wonderful choies. They're personable and very cute.

As for anemones, it is hard to keep them in aquariums. Most people suggest that you choose a anemone-like coral instead; clownfish will host the coral , hopefully/eventually. The euphyllia coral (torch/frogspawn/anchor) are good choices.

Dombar
05/14/2009, 09:45 PM
yahoooo ! got my new crew !!!

I bought an miss bar b/w ocelaris, an Neon Pseudochromis, an Yashia White Ray Shrimp Goby with is small pistol shrimp (i didn't see the shrimp since they get in the tank...:mad: ) and an small clam... but i dont know the kind... i will post new pics tomorrow !

the neon got an awesome personality and the yashia is really beautiful !!!

thank's a lot for reply about the anemon... i think i wont get any...not before I make some expension for an 77 gallons !!!:rollface:

Weetabix
05/16/2009, 07:57 AM
Pair of Greenbanded Gobies.

Dombar
05/25/2009, 03:37 PM
im a bad boy..just bough an bubble tip anemone... she was so tiny...and so green !