PDA

View Full Version : Multicolor Angel

ccradr
05/15/2009, 02:37 PM
I see that when i llok up information on this species, it states that it isnt good for reef tanks, as it will eat coral. I have seen one inside of a 900 gallon reef at a local fish store. They say its reef safe...thoughts?

revaltion131
05/15/2009, 05:04 PM
The multicolor angel, Centropyge multicolor, is at a 50/50 risk of nipping at or eating corals. Like any other dwarf angel, it may or may not nip at your corals. I don't know if it's more or less likely than others to nip, so I can't help you there. It could also be great for years, then suddenly find something tasty about your zoas. IMO, if you want one, go in knowing the risks and be willing to compromise in one form or another if it goes after some of your corals.

taithao35
05/15/2009, 05:49 PM
my nipped at my SPS and clams. I had to get rid of it. It's a beautiful fish though.

Toddrtrex
05/15/2009, 05:51 PM
Like was mentioned dwarfs are going to be 50/50.

Another thing to consider is that the store you mentioned has it in a 900 gallon tank, so it could very well be going after the corals. However, since that tank is so large, no one coral is nipped at too much.

snorvich
05/15/2009, 06:17 PM
Yes, I agree with Todd. I have two of them. One is a terror, the other bothers nothing. At least so far.