PDA

View Full Version : Ich..I know, I know,,,BUT...

srkr1432
05/15/2009, 08:13 PM
I have had this powder blue Tang for over a month and he developed Ich about one week after I put him in my 150. It was only during the evening that it would appear at first.

It's honestly been over a month and he still has ich. He eats all the time. His belly is full. No other fish has ich at all, just him. He's full blown. But not seeming to faze him at all.

Ideas comments. Has anyone else ever seen this?

gooyferret
05/15/2009, 08:24 PM
I bought an orange shoulder tang a long time ago, it had ich when i bought it. Since I didnt have any other fish in the tank I put him in the DT. He was very VERY bad! Covered mouth to fin in ich! I used Garlic Extreme to his food, and just fed him well and he lived for a long time after that. The ich went away! I thought he was a goner for sure and got him for $5 at the LFS and thought it was the best investment ever!

returnofsid
05/15/2009, 08:26 PM
You ask for ideas, here's one. Find a way to catch it and get it into a QT tank. While you're at it, find a way to catch all the fish in your display and get them all into QT. I know that, considering none of the other fish are exhibiting signs of ich, this might seem extreme. However, it's the ONLY way to be 100% sure to eliminate Ich from your display tank.

All fish will need to be treated with hyposalinity of 1.009 for a period of at least 8 weeks, and at least 4 weeks after all visible signs of Ich are gone. The display will need to remain totally fishless for this same 8 week period.

This will cure the fish and eliminate all Ich from your display. From then on, QT anything wet that enters your tank, to assure you don't introduce Ich back into the system.